The need for debit cards is essential nowadays whether it is about making an online payment or transacting funds wherever you are. And, probably all the banks are offering these cards to provide ease in fund-related banking activities to their customers.
Capital One is also one of the banks that provide the facility of debit cards and in addition to this, the fact that sits like the cherry on the cake is you can activate your Capital One debit card online.
Sounds great, Right??
Yes! With the help of the online platform of Capital One bank, you can activate your card by registering your account and performing the Capital One login.
Don’t worry, we will walk through the entire process in detail soon, just come along with me.
Here’s the guidance to activate your Capita One debit card
Before stepping into the read, make sure you have registered your account and are ready to perform Capital One login, and then you can begin the process by following the pathway mentioned further.
- Firstly, open the official website and perform the Capital One login.
- Now, pick up the account that is added to your debit card.
- Scroll down the page and locate the “Debit Card Tracker”.
- In this section, you can see the “Activate my card” button.
- Click it and it will take you to the “Card Activation” page.
- Next, after filling in the asked data, hit the “Slide to activate” button further.
- Set up a PIN and verify it by inputting twice when asked.
That’s it, here you can get the notification to confirm your card activation and now you can use your card anywhere anytime.
What if you need to reset the PIN of your debit card?
Well! It is always advised to change your debit card PIN periodically for security purposes. Here are steps to undergo to change your Capital One debit card PIN.
- Firstly, perform the Capital One login on the website.
- Pick up your checking account linked to your debit card to proceed.
- Select the option “Account services settings” prompted there.
- Here, you can see the button labelled Change Pin”.
- Click and continue by tapping on the “Manage debit card” choice.
- Now, complete the identity verification and input a new PIN.
- Confirm your newly generated PIN by entering it again, and hit the “Set PIN” button.
This is how you can easily reset your debit card PIN and can avail of all the debit card facilities using your newly set PIN.
Here I have presented complete guidance on activating your Capital One debit card and resetting the PIN, so using this read you can easily avail of all the facilities of debit cards. But make sure that you have an account on its online portal because you can’t begin the aforementioned process without performing Capital One login successfully.
For security reasons, you are advised to keep your card safe, never share your card’s PIN with anyone and keep changing your PIN periodically. As well as, please avoid keeping repeating numbers or consecutive numbers (such as 3333, 6789 etc.) as your PIN to secure it from any kind of hacks and security breaches.